Font change on forwarded messges

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
TRAINSGWR

Font change on forwarded messges

Post by TRAINSGWR »

I create an e-mail to go to many people in HTML and the sent version shows this in the selected HTML font but if I want to forward this onto others ( after deleting the previous recipients in the body of the message), it appears the remaining message text has converted back to Fixed Width.

It doesn't happen to all as I had two different messages to the same people, one retained the HTML & the other changed when I go to forward them onto other people.

Have other TB users found this? I am still on TB 24.7 as I have found later versions give me problems but I may try again.
TRAINSGWR

Re: Font change on forwarded messges

Post by TRAINSGWR »

I updated to V45.8... NBG while I can create a message, I can not attach any files or even send it ... a simple message without images, etc to myself is not working
TRAINSGWR

Post by TRAINSGWR »

I guess my problem of font changing has not been found by others then as no one has posted about it.
Ron
TRAINSGWR

Post by TRAINSGWR »

Makes me wonder if I should stick with TB now?
Ron
Diane Vigil

Post by Diane Vigil »

TRAINSGWR wrote:It doesn't happen to all as I had two different messages to the same people, one retained the HTML & the other changed when I go to forward them onto other people.
I am using the Outgoing Message Format extension, plus other settings (if I recall correctly) to keep fonts from changing. That said, I'm not sure why your two different messages to the same people use same/different fonts.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I just switched from TB 11 to TB 45.8, and I have a similar font problem. I email my Verizon mail out in Arial size 18, and some of my emails go to a Yahoo group, so one copy comes back into my inbox. Sometimes the font comes back as Arial, and sometimes it becomes size 6 or 8 Times New Roman. No consistency. My other recipients are receiving the same discrepancy. Would this have any connection to Verizon having switched to AOL's servers? Or is this a bug in TB?

Can I run 2 versions of TB fro the same computer to test this?
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

As no one has a solution yet, I'm going back to v. 11.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network