Thunderbird Default Email Account

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
CodySharp

Thunderbird Default Email Account

Post by CodySharp »

Ok, I'm sorry if this issue has already been resolved elsewhere, I'm not sure what I'm asking, so I'm not sure how to even search for what I'm trying to figure out.
Now that THAT is out of the way. I've pretty much managed to get TB to do everything I want. Here's what I have:
5 POP3 email accounts, 2 of which are on woh.rr.com. I have setup on the local folders, a saved search for emails in each inbox, and that's what I use for my local inbox, that way I can see all of the emails in each inbox. That works great.
Now, the problem I'm having is when I try to create a new email. It always defaults to the other woh.rr.com address that I don't want to use. Even though the one that I WANT to use is currently set to default, and my identity is setup for that account also, it still does not default to that account when I'm in my saved search inbox, and click on Write. If I'm in any other inbox, and click new, it works perfectly.
Does anyone know how I can change this? I've looked all over, and I can't seem to figure out what I'm even asking. Hopefully someone out there can understand what I'm explaining.
Thank you!
tanstaafl

Re: Thunderbird Default Email Account

Post by tanstaafl »

Its possible to select another account as the default account but I'm skeptical it will do any good. Normally the From: address defaults to a email address based on what accounts folder is currently selected in the folder pane. If you have multiple POP accounts configured to use a global inbox, and select a folder in Local Folders its not obvious to me which email address it should select since multiple accounts are using the same folder. Especially if its a saved search folder.

The fodler account add-on lets you associate user accounts and identities with specific folders. So you could use it to specify that whenever a specific folder in Local Folders is selected, and you start to compose a message, the From: address should default to the desired woh.rr.com email address.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Multiple_iden ... il_account
CodySharp

Re: Thunderbird Default Email Account

Post by CodySharp »

PERFECT!!! That let me setup the option I needed! Thank you so much!!!!