Tag Toolbar and TB 52

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Oyle

Tag Toolbar and TB 52

Post by Oyle »

Has anyone been able to fix the issue with the Tag Toolbar extension, which no longer shows the Tags in the toolbar, so you cannot use toolbar to select tags, but have to use the clunky TB-inbuilt method (write click on message and then select the tag from the drop down menu)?

The author of the extension apparently is not responding to emails and request for an update.

Thanks for any help, as this is a very useful extension indeed if you have to handle and search through thousands of emails !
jtruchon

Re: Tag Toolbar and TB 52

Post by jtruchon »

I am also hoping that the author or someone comes up with a fix, I tag almost all my message and I found Tag Toolbar very useful. I installed the "Menu Wizard" add-on. This allowed me to put the "Tag" menu in the main menu bar, makes it very easy to Tag messages again.
- JohnT
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You can add the tag button (for a popup list) by right clicking in the toolbar area, selecting customize, dragging and dropping the tag button to where you want it, and then pressing Done. In general, you don't need the menu wizard to customize what buttons are in the main toolbar.

I downloaded and installed the tag toolbar add-on with TB 52.0.1 and it added a "Search Tags" toolbar that did nothing when I clicked on it. Pressing the options button for the add-on I noticed:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Line Number 147, Column 6: <listheader id="TTBTagListHeader" label="&folderColumn.label;" flex="1" onclick="gTTBSetting.sortInAlphabeticalOrder(this)"
--------------------------^

I found http://hogi.sakura.ne.jp/en/ttb/ttb.rhtml. The change list states the last version was from Sep 22, 2011, which is the same version on AMO. His personal web site doesn't seem to have been updated since 2011 so I suspect the author is no longer actively maintaining his 10 add-ons. One of the reviews at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... g-toolbar/ suggests how to edit prefs.js to make the add-on useful. However, my copy of prefs.js does not have any ttb settings. I suspect that advice is how to workaround the broken toolbar if you had been using the add-on beforehand.
Oyle

Post by Oyle »

I got the same error message and reached the same conclusion about the author of the extension. Maybe some one else is willing to take up the slack and work on a version for TB 52 and beyond?

As I understood the workaround, it only is meant for TB portable version.

Wait and see, good things may come.