Invisible items in Drafts

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
winedog

Invisible items in Drafts

Post by winedog »

So I saved a draft of an email the other day and then when I looked in Drafts I could not find it at all. When I searched for draft, the results show it in the drafts folder even though when I open Drafts it is empty.

I thought that maybe it was an issue with the filters and the only way I could find my missing draft was to toggle the 'Contact' filter.

What is going on here and how do I resolve it? I'm worried that I have other Drafts hiding that might be invisible to me?
tanstaafl

Re: Invisible items in Drafts

Post by tanstaafl »

Check what drafts folder is specified in the accounts copies & folders settings. It may not be the one you thought.
winedog

Post by winedog »

Nope. That doesn't seem to be it. Also, why would toggling the quick filter for Contact make it appears/disappear?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Any message can disappear/re-reappear based on whats in the quick filter bar search settings. That is what it is supposed to do, only return the search results. Perhaps you are not listed in your personal address book.
winedog

Post by winedog »

Yeah, I do understand that is what the filters bar does as I used filters constantly. However, when the filters are disabled nothing shows. I have to enable the filter for it show up which is not expected behavior.