Junk controls are perverse

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
MarkPKN

Junk controls are perverse

Post by MarkPKN »

Hello
I am sure this must have been reported before but a search is not picking it up.
A daily irritation. Thunderbird is reasonably good at recognising junk email and puts up the message
thunderbird thinks this message is junk mail
But it does not mark it as junk and even changes the junk button to a not junk button, meaning that I have to right click, Mark, Mark as Junk for it to get full junk status, be moved to the Spam folder and, presumably, activate junk learning.
Can this be fixed?
LIMPET235

Re: Junk controls are perverse

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Any chance it was due to the "phishing protection" (which generates lots of false positives) being enabled? The scam detector might use misleading error text. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Phishing_protection
MarkPKN

Post by MarkPKN »

tanstaafl wrote:Any chance it was due to the "phishing protection" (which generates lots of false positives) being enabled? The scam detector might use misleading error text. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Phishing_protection
Pretty sure that is not it. It is flagging up things that are appropriate although not particularly dangerous as long as you dont follow them up.. the problem is not the scam detection, it is that when it does think something is supspicious, it says it may be junk but then doesn't put it in the junk folder and particularly that it disables the normal buttons to deal with junk (converts the junk button to the not junk button) which means that I have to put it in the junk folder manually and do about four things instead of one to give it a junk flag. If it thinks it is junk.. why does it make it more difficult to then deal with it! Would be much easier if it just left it and then I could deal with it with one click.