delete account button

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Dan_

delete account button

Post by Dan_ »

I have followed the instructions at the article http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering_de ... l_accounts

The inbox and folders do show up, however they are gone again after closing and reopening Thunderbird. Please help...

P.S. This profile contains 2 email accounts. One account is active, one is an old email account that is assumed to be deleted from its server.
The active account works as it should, the archive account is disappearing.

Also, Is there a way to stop the archive account from connecting to the server? Is this the reason things are disappearing?
Last edited by LIMPET235 on April 21st, 2017, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Some slight text editing.
tanstaafl

Re: delete account button

Post by tanstaafl »

If the archive account is a POP account you can uncheck "check for new messages on startup" and "check for new messages every X minutes" in the accounts server settings.

What type of account (POP or IMAP) is the one with the vanishing folders?
Dan_

Post by Dan_ »

tanstaafl wrote: What type of account (POP or IMAP) is the one with the vanishing folders?
Thanks for your reply.

It is IMAP. But it does not matter (if it can be changed) since the account does not exist on the server, I am thinking.

I am wondering if the server information can be taken out to stop it from trying to log on to the server, and if that is what the problem is..?
Last edited by DanRaisch on April 29th, 2017, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Font size tags removed to improve readability.
Dan_

Post by Dan_ »

Any ideas on this..? Anyone..?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It does matter. An IMAP account is displaying messages as they exist on the server. If there is no account on the server, Thunderbird can not connect and display messages.
Repeat the process that made the inbox and other folders but do not close Thunderbird. Instead, put Thunderbird in off-line mode by using menu path File->Offline->Work offline. The messages in those folder should be copied from the account folders to sub-folders of Local Folders. That structure (Local Folders) is not connected to the server and may be able to retain the messages after Thunderbird is restarted, even though there is no account on the server to connect to.
Dan_

Post by Dan_ »

Thank you very much for the help. I will try it and let you know how it works out.
Dan_

Post by Dan_ »

Dan,

My friend I was helping is very grateful for Windows remote assistance and this forum.

His old email archives are now showing in a new inbox folder under the local folders --and they are staying put.

Thank you very much for your time and expertise.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.