set up new email-address - circumpass stupid pwd-check?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
John-Diller

set up new email-address - circumpass stupid pwd-check?

Post by John-Diller »

Hello,
just trying to set up a new email-account in TB (52.0.1) - installation process keeps trying to open a window with google-login (gmail-email I should note), but since this page has problems with my cookie-settings (which I don´t like to change just for setting up a thunderbird account), in TB the dialogue does not allow me to set up the email-accuount. ](*,)

Is there a way to circumnavigate this pwd-check? I know my pwd and I am happy to type it in on first sync. But at the mo I´d like to just set up the new account in TB.

Thanks a bunch!

John
DanRaisch

Re: set up new email-address - circumpass stupid pwd-check?

Post by DanRaisch »

No, you need to give that password to Thunderbird so it can achieve a proper connection to the server to validate the email account.
John-Diller

Post by John-Diller »

ok, how daft, anyway...do you have a clue what browser TB uses? it just opens up a window without any information and gives me a Google warning page that cookies are not allowed. I have cookies allowed in my default browser, is TB going through an own browser...??

Thanks Dan

John
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

TB will Show Cookies under Preferences/Options/Privacy, and you must allow cookies from google to apply OAuth2 authentication.
John-Diller

Post by John-Diller »

cheers, worked like a charm,

have a good start into the coming week!
J.