Importing from windows live mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ddblum

Importing from windows live mail

Post by ddblum »

Hello,

I am trying to import a folder from windows live mail using the last version of the extension of the importexporttools. I have maybe 50 folders with emails in them. It imports all the folders but not the emails. I cannot figure out why. It did work for some but it seems to work randomly. There is something that I am doing wrong but I do not what. If I do only one folder at a time, it works but otherwise it import all folder and leave them empty. Do you know what is the way to do it?
tanstaafl

Re: Importing from windows live mail

Post by tanstaafl »

Check what you are doing against the instructions in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_folders . You'd normally import .eml files from Windows Live Mail using the current equivalent of "Tools -> ImportExportTools -> Import all eml files from a directory". The exact menu command changes dependent upon the add-on version. Perhaps you're attempting to import mbox files.
ddblum

Re: Importing from windows live mail

Post by ddblum »

I found the issue. Apparently, when I was trying to import to many folder it was not working. However, when I am was trying to use more reasonable numbers of folders (like 20 or 30), it worked!!!