End of email stripped out

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
peaksoft

End of email stripped out

Post by peaksoft »

I posted a message on a Yahoo groups board, a copy of which was automatically forwarded to me.

When it arrived however, the last few lines had been removed, and I thought this had been done by Yahoo, possibly because it contained email addresses.

I reformatted the message, and sent it again to teh Yahoo group, still with the addresses in it, and it was again forwarded, cut off at exactly the same point.

However, when I looked at the message online on my ISP's webmail service, and the copy that was accessed by the mail client on my Android phone, both were intact.

Could anyone offer any suggestions?
makaiguy

Re: End of email stripped out

Post by makaiguy »

If this is a POP account rather than an IMAP account, check your account settings under Disk Space.

Is this option checked?
  • To save disk space, do not download:
    [ ] Messages larger than [XX] KB
Try setting to a higher value.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
peaksoft

Post by peaksoft »

Thanks, that's certainly worth kmowing for future reference, but in this case, the option isn't checked at all. In fact, this was just a text email of a couple of hundred characters.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Use view -> message source or Control-U to look at the raw message source. See if its missing anything. It may be very user unfriendly, especially if its HTML because you'd be seeing the raw HTML code (not the interpreted HTML) but it is readable. You should be able to compare it to the raw message source in webmail.

Its not clear yet if this is a truncation or a display problem. What are the values of each Content-Type header? For example, Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8