adblock Plus with Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

adblock Plus with Thunderbird

Post by walkerpbus »

It seems not to be there at all although it is clearly in the add-on list. How can I control/install use it?
Situation solved with an update of Thunderbird
I don't know how to use it in Thunderbird; is there a link to proper TBird usage somewhere? The ads are coming back that I turned off in previous days. That plus the printing problem makes it sort of useless
Is there an answer for this?
It's happening again: "The ads are coming back that I turned off in previous days." AND "Ctrl+shift+F3" is not working at all!
Is no one going to reply? :(
Is there another Adblock with Thunderbird I could use?
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Re: adblock Plus with Thunderbird

Post by tanstaafl »

There is ublock origin.

I looked on the adblock plus support page and there are about 18 forums for the various platforms, but none for Thunderbird. That seems a clear sign to use a alternative.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I'm following this thread, and I'm wondering why I would need an adblocker on TB. There are no ads in email. Their AMO page sheds no light on this.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I've never needed one. But some folks use ThunderBrowse (browse the net from a email client) or use Thunderbird as a RSS reader.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:There is ublock origin.

I looked on the adblock plus support page and there are about 18 forums for the various platforms, but none for Thunderbird. That seems a clear sign to use a alternative.
They use the Firefox section for Thunderbird.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.