Repeat Popup Notifications (v52.1.0 on OSX 10.11.6)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
terencecollins

Repeat Popup Notifications (v52.1.0 on OSX 10.11.6)

Post by terencecollins »

This started recently (I think in v.52): when I get a new email, the typical pop-up notification arrives. But then the notification re-triggers for the same email every couple of minutes until I mark the message read. It used to just notify once, on arrival, and if I didn't read the message I wouldn't be continually bombarded with the notifications. Anyone else experience this problem and/or know of a fix? TIA.
tanstaafl

Re: Repeat Popup Notifications (v52.1.0 on OSX 10.11.6)

Post by tanstaafl »

I haven't noticed any similar threads. This might be a OS X specific problem. You could install a older version (use custom setup to specify a different directory) per http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird , and see if that is a temporary workaround. It will reuse your existing profile.

I suggest you also retest after "help -> restart with add-ons disabled" to verify the problem is not due to some add-ons that don't work right with the latest version.
Aximilli

Post by Aximilli »

I also get this, all the time, for every email. I'm running Thunderbird 52.2.1 64bit on macOS Sierra 10.12.5. If there's any other information I can provide to help debug, lmk and I will gladly provide it.
Alan-L

Post by Alan-L »

I have just started getting these in the past week. It seems every time the IMAP folders are updated, existing new mail (unread) is notified regardless of whether it has been notified before. OS X 10.9.5.