Zoom Not Working

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mdiemer

Zoom Not Working

Post by mdiemer »

Recently installed TB on Solus OS. I can't increase the zoom. When I go to Preferences/View, the options to zoom in and out are greyed-out. Control +/- doesn't work either. I'm using version 52.1.

Mike
tanstaafl

Re: Zoom Not Working

Post by tanstaafl »

Are you using the Mozilla Linux build or a third party build provided with the distro? It might be a bug specific to the third party build. I know Ubuntu for example has a history of sometimes including code in a production release that the Thunderbird developers don't think is ready yet.

See if the problem is a side effect of an add-on by using help -> restart with add-ons disabled, and then retesting
mdiemer

Post by mdiemer »

Thank you for your reply. I am using the build supplied with Solus, which I just installed two days ago, and have updated to most current version. As to add-ons, I don't have any on TB. I have Add Block Plus on Firefox, but that's it, I don't tend to use add-ons.
The zoom does work on Firefox.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I suggest you install a Mozilla build and see if it has the same problem since I haven't noticed any other threads about its problem, like I would if it effected all Linux builds. That makes me wonder if its a Solus specific build problem.

I'd also experiment with installing a zoom button from the Zoom Button add-on as a workaround. I've worked around bugs in the built-in support for reply quoting in the past by installing an add-on that added enhanced features for reply quoting, its possible (though unlikely) the same thing might occur with the zoom add-on.
mdiemer

Post by mdiemer »

Thanks, I think I'll install from Mozilla and see how that goes. I'll report it to Solus if it looks like their build is the problem.
mdiemer

Post by mdiemer »

Before uninstalling, I decided to fool some more with the preferences. I got the message pane zoom to work, but the problem is with the list pane, there doesn't seem to be a way to increase zoom or font for that. To make matters worse, I did something that removed the button for preferences, so now I can't even get back into preferences. So, how to get back into preferences?

Re: reinstalling from Mozilla, I see that you have to work with tarballs to do that. I will most likely screw things up if I try that, and I have a nice fresh Solus install so I don't intend to do that.