Unable to login after Verizon to AOL switch.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
bsos

Unable to login after Verizon to AOL switch.

Post by bsos »

So, Verizon no longer offers email service and have now switched its customers to AOL who now manage that. However, after this I am no longer able to log into Thunderbird. I have removed my old password and created a new one, but receive this error:

Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server pop.verizon.net responded: invalid username/password, USER:

I checked my password in the password manager and I am putting it in correctly, it was changed without issue but I am still unable to log in.
WaltS48

Re: Unable to login after Verizon to AOL switch.

Post by WaltS48 »

When did you migrate, and did you get the confirmation email from AOL?
You will receive a confirmation email from AOL Mail after registering your verizon.net email account.
Email Retirement FAQ

Verizon move to AOL FAQ

Can you log into your web mail account on AOL?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
bsos

Post by bsos »

Problem solved, passwords in password manager cannot be used to log in for some reason but web email password can log in.

Regardless, thank you for responding.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

passwords in password manager cannot be used to log in for some reason but web email password can log in.
Not sure what that statement means. Can you now access that account through Thunderbird using the same password as when logging onto the server through a browser?
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

It SHOULD be the same PW. Yours is not? However, Vz's instruction to change your PW wasn't necessary.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network