Prevent moving of account data

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
firefoxuse

Prevent moving of account data

Post by firefoxuse »

Hello! When I drag and drop an account to another, it moves all the emails to the other account. Is there a way to prevent that as when using touchpad that may happen accidentally. thanks!
DanRaisch

Re: Prevent moving of account data

Post by DanRaisch »

Please clarify. Are you actually dragging and dropping one account onto another, or were you trying to drag messages from one account to another account? If they former, why would you do that?
firefoxuse

Post by firefoxuse »

The former, I do it by mistake (touchpad)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

In that case the only answer is to back up your profile so you can replace the elements of the profile that were corrupted unintentionally.
firefoxuse

Post by firefoxuse »

I cannot back it up every second!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try to be reasonable for a change. Backup weekly or daily and be more careful with your use of the mouse.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I suggest you see if you can get a different touchpad driver. If you're using a synaptics touchpad driver customized by your notepad manufacturer you could try a generic version instead. See http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/ . However, I'd first see if you can update your existing driver instead. There are a couple of other touchpad drivers that I've read about (but forgotten the names) that people can frequently use instead of synaptics. Apparently the hardware is pretty generic.

You could ask in the MozillaZine tech forum for suggestions on where to find other touchpad drivers. Look in the device manager to see if it describes what driver you are currently using and what type of touchpad hardware you have.

If you have a wireless mouse think about disabling the touchpad. See http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-l ... indows-8-7