How Do I Hide/Remove these Mail Folders?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
koolx

How Do I Hide/Remove these Mail Folders?

Post by koolx »

Is there a way to remove or hide the mail folders here circled in red in the screen shot below?

DanRaisch

Re: How Do I Hide/Remove these Mail Folders?

Post by DanRaisch »

With the names blanked out we'll just be guessing here but if those are IMAP "folders" have you tried unsubscribing from them? http://www.pcworld.com/article/250202/t ... tions.html
koolx

Post by koolx »

DanRaisch wrote:With the names blanked out we'll just be guessing here but if those are IMAP "folders" have you tried unsubscribing from them? http://www.pcworld.com/article/250202/t ... tions.html
The subfolders have been unsubscribed as you saw from the screen shot. But the folders have not. I looked at the link. Unsubscribing does not hide the folders, only the subfolders. Any way of hiding those?

Also look at the screen shot below. Why does the mail junk folder show in this case 67 junk mails. But the subfolders show a total of only 11? I dont get it.

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That screen shot does not tell me about subscription.
koolx

Post by koolx »

DanRaisch wrote:That screen shot does not tell me about subscription.
i dont understand what youre saying.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I was referring to the first screen shot and saying that nothing in the screen shots provides any information on the status of subscriptions to IMAP folders. The implication is that all of those folders are subscribed to because they are visible in Thunderbird.

As to your question: "Why does the mail junk folder show in this case 67 junk mails. But the subfolders show a total of only 11?" Have you tried repairing the folders to rebuild the .msf files?
koolx

Post by koolx »

DanRaisch wrote:I was referring to the first screen shot and saying that nothing in the screen shots provides any information on the status of subscriptions to IMAP folders. The implication is that all of those folders are subscribed to because they are visible in Thunderbird.
Look at this screen shot. Let me know if this is what you mean:

I tried to unsubscribe from one of my accounts by selecting [Gmail] and then unsubscribing. But that didnt hide it. I then unselected Sent Mail, Spam and trash under it and again it didnt hide it in the side panel.
As to your question: "Why does the mail junk folder show in this case 67 junk mails. But the subfolders show a total of only 11?" Have you tried repairing the folders to rebuild the .msf files?
How do I repair the folders to thus rebuild the .msf files?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Right click on the name of the folder in the left hand plane then select "Properties" from the context menu, then click on "Repair Folder".
koolx

Post by koolx »

DanRaisch wrote:Right click on the name of the folder in the left hand plane then select "Properties" from the context menu, then click on "Repair Folder".
I should do this for all folders including inbox, sent, trash, etc.?

--------- EDIT ------------
I already repaired the junk folder and it still says 67 where in total my 3 accounts total 21 junk files. What do you suggest?

Also did you have a look at the screen shot I posted in my last post?
koolx

Post by koolx »

Guess thats the extent to TB support and knowledge
Adrian Bell

Post by Adrian Bell »

Try: Set tools -> account settings -> server settings -> advanced -> IMAP server directory to [Gmail] to fix problems with how it lists folders in the folder pane (you will need the square brackets).

(from http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_w ... illa_Suite)

After doing this you will need to resubscribe to the folders you want.

NB - It may take a while to take. Closing and reopening Thunderbird may be required after making this change.