Some folders not displayed/available for subscription (IMAP)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
gpseymour

Some folders not displayed/available for subscription (IMAP)

Post by gpseymour »

I'm migrating back to TB from Outlook (had to migrate over for a while due to a problem with a client's Notes emails not displaying properly in TB). I have a set of folders for organizing emails I need to store (kept on server). I'm accessing via IMAP. Here's the structure:

Code: Select all

INBOX
CLIENTS folder
STORAGE Folder
          - REPORTS Folder
I can get to the CLIENTS folder and STORAGE folder (I just had to subscribe). The REPORTS folder (subfolder in STORAGE) doesn't show on my list for subscription, and there's no "expand folder" caret next to STORAGE in the folders list.
Gerry Seymour
tanstaafl

Re: Some folders not displayed/available for subscription (I

Post by tanstaafl »

One possibility is that the path is too long to store the headers for that folder (i.e. the path to the folders *.msf file is too long) though I'd hope it would show up in the list of folders to subscribe even if it couldn't be subscribed (due to the path problem). I suggest you enable IMAP logging per http://kb.mozillazine.org/Session_logging_for_mail/news and see if that folder is returned by the IMAP server. Just look for storage and report in the log file.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_p ... hunderbird if you want to move your profile to a different location, that has a short path. For example, I store my Thunderbird and Firefox profiles within c:\users\eric\profiles.

You could also uncheck the checkbox for "show only subscribed folders" in the account's server setting -> advanced section. You might not want to do that permanently, but it would help troubleshoot whats going on.
gpseymour

Re: Some folders not displayed/available for subscription (I

Post by gpseymour »

I had forgotten the issue with path length - I think I ran into that in a previous installation. I'll try moving the files. If that doesn't help, it's time for logging.
Gerry Seymour