MAPI problem since update to 52.1.1

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
AlexWayhill

MAPI problem since update to 52.1.1

Post by AlexWayhill »

Hi there,

a friend of mine recently updated to the most recent version 52.1.1 and since then is no longer able to send mails from other applications i.e. PDFCreator, Acrobat Reader, Word or by using "Send to" from Windows Explorer. Thunderbird opens but there is no Compose window. Have there been any MAPI changes in the current version that may cause this problem? Any recommendations how to fix the issue?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Sascha
tanstaafl

Re: MAPI problem since update to 52.1.1

Post by tanstaafl »

The 52.1.1 release notes mentioned "Messages sent via the Simple MAPI interface are forced to HTML. Will be fixed in next release." I suggest your friend uninstall Thunderbird, disable checking for new versions, install an older version per http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird , and use it until an updated version is available. Uninstalling doesn't delete your profile, which has your mail, settings, address books etc.

If they are worried, see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup . You don't need to use Mozbackup. The simplest way to backup a profile is to use Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Show Folder to open your systems file manager at the current profile, and then copy/paste that directory somewhere safe.
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

There is a bug report that might offer some useful info. I've tried the Send to Mail recipient function from Explorer and Email from an application (FastStone) in W7/TB 52.1.1 and it works, as it does in W10 with TB 54a2. For W10, I suggest looking in Settings/Apps/Default apps, Set defaults by app, Thunderbird, Choose defaults for this program, and checking all the entries, especially for MAPI.
AlexWayhill

Post by AlexWayhill »

Thanks for your answers and recommendations. I will forward the info to my friend!