hotmail accounts dissapear !

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
laudilus

hotmail accounts dissapear !

Post by laudilus »

Don't appear in inbox folder
Continue en the account list and are configurated.

What happens ?

What Have I to do to recover the functionality ?

Best Regards
DanRaisch

Re: hotmail accounts dissapear !

Post by DanRaisch »

So you see the account but the messages are not present, is that right? How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

It's IMAP Dan
imap-mail.outlook.com
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Make sure that Thunderbird hasn't lost track of the folder subscriptions -- http://www.pcworld.com/article/250202/t ... tions.html

If necessary, you can delete that account and recreate it in Thunderbird. The messages in the folders of that IMAP type account are stored on the server so you would not lose any data.
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

I think the problem is related to a change of IP or device. I have entered in two accounts affected via web and ask me for security. Are recovered in the web environment.
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

DanRaisch wrote:Make sure that Thunderbird hasn't lost track of the folder subscriptions -- http://www.pcworld.com/article/250202/t ... tions.html

If necessary, you can delete that account and recreate it in Thunderbird. The messages in the folders of that IMAP type account are stored on the server so you would not lose any data.
trying
gamahuche

Post by gamahuche »

I am having the same problem as laudilus - Hotmail accounts (5 of them) have "disappeared, my 8 gmail accounts are okay. Opening and closing Thunderbird several times got the Hotmail accounts back and one of them became active but would only download the shortest messages, but that has now gone inactive again.

I assume the problem is Microsoft messing about again. I was so happy in the old Windows Live Mail days!
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

I think you need to update the server settings - imap-mail.outlook.com has been replaced. Here is a message that was posted in another TB forum (the info was posted in this forum a month ago):

"I have received some information back from our agents after they went through your issue. They would like you to use this information with the account to test if we see a change in how that is acting for you. Due to outlook.com server migration, the mail server settings are changed to Server name Port Requires SSL (TLS) Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server: outlook.office365.com 993 or 143 Yes (always encrypted) or Yes (STARTTLS) Incoming Mail (POP) Server: outlook.office365.com 995 Yes (always encrypted) Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.office365.com 587 Yes (STARTTLS)

Get back to me if you see any issues with that still after so we can have this looked into further.

Regards Outlook.com Support "
gary_canada

Post by gary_canada »

I have been having a similar problem starting today.
This is what puzzles me:
I keep Thunderbird in Unified Mode.
The server is: imap-mail.outlook.com
In Unified Mode, you can expand the Unified Inbox to show underneath the individual inboxes.
In my case, the new and old Hotmail email shows in the subsidiary inbox for my Hotmail account. But neither new nor old Hotmail email integrates into the combined Unified inbox.
So, to be clear, I am receiving new Hotmail mail in Thunderbird; it just doesn't show in the combined inbox.
Strangely, this problem does NOT exist with the Unified Sent box. It contains the Sent email from all accounts, including my Hotmail account.
The problem only exists with the Unified Inbox.
I am using Thunderbird 52.1.1 (32-bit), which is up to date.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

My impression was that you needed to switch from imap-mail.outlook.com to outlook.office365.com only if you had performance problems. The last long thread about hotmail problems was http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3028785 in March, I think.

I'm still using imap-mail.outlook.com without problems. Microsoft continue to document using imap-mail.outlook.com for outlook.com users in web pages such as
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... b80fa94970 and https://support.office.com/en-US/articl ... 24dfdc9c00

The typical response to a Thunderbird bug report about outlook.com seems to be ask the submitter to retest using an earlier version of Thunderbird since problems with outlook.com occur periodically. If you'd like to try an older version of Thunderbird see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird
laudilus

Post by laudilus »

My real answer :
After supere the blocking of the accounts via web I take note of the solution aported by DanRaisch to be applied. I continue doing other things and when opened TB the hotmail accounts appear normally in the inbox.
My configuration is the old IMAP impa-mail.outlook.com

The important thing in this case is unblocking, and the sad thing is that you don't receive an error message every time you synchronize the accounts.
I am using TB in threee "levels".

The first level only have 10 accounts.
The second level have more
the second level have more than a hundred.

So is possible don't see that some accounts have "disappear".

So the main thing is speak to "microsoft" to make warnings more interactively and continous...
gary_canada

Post by gary_canada »

The interesting thing for me is that one day the TB Unified Inbox was working properly, the next day not.
I didn't do any Windows updates over that one day.
My TB Hotmail inbox works. All the inboxes work.
It's just that the Unified Inbox (which shows the Hotmail inbox included underneath when you click the arrow) doesn't integrate Hotmail into it.
I can't see how this can be a MS/Hotmail problem, because I still receive Hotmail.
I can't see how this can be a TB problem because, as far as I know, there was no intervening TB update (unless updates happen seamlessly behind the scenes without my knowing).
Very strange. Am I in the Twilight Zone?
Da da da da.
gary_canada

Post by gary_canada »

I can't believe I solved the problem and this is how:
I right-clicked on (Unified) Inbox.
I selected 'Properties'.
Select the folders to search, select 'Choose'.
(I noted that although under the Unified Inbox I had five folders, TB said I had only selected four of them.
Sure enough, as soon as I selected Hotmail, which was strangely unselected, everything normalized again.
This shows me two things:
1. Even though a folder shows under the Unified Inbox, it may not be actually selected for display in the Unified Inbox
2. Without doing anything that I was aware of, Hotmail got dropped without my knowing.
If this happens again, I now know the simple fix.
Thumbs up.