Prodigal needs help to transfer back to Thunderbird.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
uasreg

Prodigal needs help to transfer back to Thunderbird.

Post by uasreg »

When things looked bad for Thunderbird I decamped to Fossamail. Now I want to come back. I have several Plusnet email accounts and Hotmail and Gmail too.

Must I set everything up again, or can I import from Fossamail (the 64 bit version) directly? I cannot see straightway any option for that anyhow!

Please, your advice how to proceed will be much appreciated.
DanRaisch

Re: Prodigal needs help to transfer back to Thunderbird.

Post by DanRaisch »

According to ghacks.net, "The program [Fossamail] uses its own profile folder, located under %APPDATA%\FossaMail by default so that it won't interfere with Thunderbird profiles that may be available on the system as well. Since it does not interfere with Thunderbird, it is easy to test FossaMail on the system to find out if it works better than Thunderbird.

It is however possible to move an existing profile into the FossaMail profile folder to integrate it into the mail client right away."

That should mean that you can install TB and edit the file profiles.ini to point to the Fossamail profile to see if it will immediately use the data there. At worst you may have to set up the mail accounts and copy the message files over to the TB profile.
uasreg

Re: Prodigal needs help to transfer back to Thunderbird.

Post by uasreg »

Unfortunately your reply lost me, and I did it the hard way.