MozillaZine

Getting a Weird Message of Failed Outgoing Mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Before, I was able to set up sending mail while TB was closed. It sent out maill successfully when I opened it. Now I cant anymore without an error popping up (below). How do I fix this idiocy??

Sending of the message failed.
This message could not be sent using outgoing server (smtp) smtp.goole.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your outgoing server (smtp) settings are correct and try again.
Last edited by koolx on June 16th, 2017, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 116114
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Can send from that account without issues if you have TB running when you compose the message and hit Send?

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 12:37 pm

DanRaisch wrote:Can send from that account without issues if you have TB running when you compose the message and hit Send?


Hi Dan,

Yes I can. But sending mail between TB being closed and opened cannot be done without that error message.

makaiguy

User avatar
 
Posts: 16389
Joined: November 18th, 2002, 6:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in SE USA

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 3:29 pm

koolx wrote:Sending of the message failed.
This message could not be sent using outlook server (smtp) smtp.goole.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your outgoing server (smtp) settings are correct and try again.

Is this a typo in SMTP server name?
Doug Wilson, "The Makai Guy"
Win10 (64bit): FF 54.0 (32bit), TB 52.2 (32bit)║ Android 7.0/6.0.2: FF 54.0, No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 116114
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Not to mention Outlook wouldn't have a server named smtp.goole.com (or even smtp.google.com).

tanstaafl
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 42686
Joined: July 30th, 2003, 5:06 pm

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 5:05 pm

"Before, I was able to set up sending mail while TB was closed."

Did you really mean to say you could compose one or more messages using Thunderbird while working in offline mode, and have any queued messages automatically sent when you switched back to online mode? If not, please explain how did you compose the message while Thunderbird was not running.

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 6:56 pm

makaiguy wrote:
koolx wrote:Sending of the message failed.
This message could not be sent using outlook server (smtp) smtp.goole.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your outgoing server (smtp) settings are correct and try again.

Is this a typo in SMTP server name?


Yeah that was my typing typo.

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 6:58 pm

tanstaafl wrote: please explain how did you compose the message while Thunderbird was not running.


While TB is closed I compose mail using FF and is in queue to be sent when I open TB.

So what is the solution?

tanstaafl
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 42686
Joined: July 30th, 2003, 5:06 pm

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Huh? You're glossing over some important details.

It almost sounds like you're composing the messages using webmail (via Firefox) but I don't see how that would store the messages in the unsent folder. If you used file -> email link" in Firefox that would launch Thunderbird (the compose message window piece of it, but not the main window). However, it would normally launch it in online mode. Details please.

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 16th, 2017, 9:06 pm

tanstaafl wrote:Huh? You're glossing over some important details.

It almost sounds like you're composing the messages using webmail (via Firefox) but I don't see how that would store the messages in the unsent folder. If you used file -> email link" in Firefox that would launch Thunderbird (the compose message window piece of it, but not the main window). However, it would normally launch it in online mode. Details please.


Ok, I compose mail in FF's address bar through a shortcut while TB is closed. I use "mailto:" for that. Mail is then sent automatically when I open TB.

So anyway how do I get this fixed? I never had this issue until 4 days ago. I rememebr TB having issues at that time cuz I noticed a forever spinning icon in the top left hand corner like TB is busy doing something. Anyway how do I finally fix this??

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 17th, 2017, 10:09 am

Anyone ???

tanstaafl
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 42686
Joined: July 30th, 2003, 5:06 pm

Post Posted June 17th, 2017, 3:47 pm

mailto: brings up the Thunderbird compose message window if Thunderbird is the default email client. You'd default to working online. How are you queuing the messages (rather than immediately sending them)? Are you using File -> Send Later (Ctrl+Shift+Return) ? If so do you get a "Do you want to send your unsent messages now?" popup the next time you start Thunderbird?

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 17th, 2017, 4:32 pm

tanstaafl wrote:mailto: brings up the Thunderbird compose message window if Thunderbird is the default email client. You'd default to working online. How are you queuing the messages (rather than immediately sending them)? Are you using File -> Send Later (Ctrl+Shift+Return) ? If so do you get a "Do you want to send your unsent messages now?" popup the next time you start Thunderbird?


No I'm using (Ctrl+Return) to send messages right away not later. I used to get the "Do you want to send your unsent messages now?" popup when I start TB. But I canceled that popup a long time ago.

So what should i do to fix this? Its annoyong when I get that "Sending of the message failed.... etc etc" popup.

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 18th, 2017, 10:47 am

bump again

koolx

User avatar
 
Posts: 506
Joined: July 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Post Posted June 19th, 2017, 11:28 am

bump

Return to Thunderbird Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: allstock, dmemphis and 3 guests