Problems Since Updating to Thunderbird 52.2.0

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
BrowseMail

Problems Since Updating to Thunderbird 52.2.0

Post by BrowseMail »

Hi,

I've been using Thunderbird on a Windows XP PC to access my Gmail using IMAP/OAuth2 with no problems.

However, today I updated to Thunderbird 52.2.0 and immediately noticed two problems:

1) My messages no longer show in Thunderbird. If I wait, Thunderbird 52.2.0 appears to re-download them all again. If I restart Thunderbird, the process seems to start all over again.

2) My e-mail columns have now been reset. For example, I had hidden the "Correspondents" column, but this has now reappeared. E-mails are now sorted on ascending date order instead of descending date order (most recent on top).

Thankfully, if I go into my Gmail account using the web interface, all of my e-mails are still there.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix?

Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: Problems Since Updating to Thunderbird 52.2.0

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

DanRaisch wrote:How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
The account is set up in Thunderbird as IMAP.
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

Seems like there is an IMAP bug with Thunderbird 52.2.0, as documented here:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/15/thund ... p-folders/
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

For now, I am checking/sending my e-mail using the Gmail web interface. I am hoping that a Thunderbird update might be released soon to fix the IMAP bug, then I can go back to using Thunderbird. Any idea of when an update might be available?
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

BrowseMail wrote:For now, I am checking/sending my e-mail using the Gmail web interface. I am hoping that a Thunderbird update might be released soon to fix the IMAP bug, then I can go back to using Thunderbird. Any idea of when an update might be available?
Hopefully in the next several days
imjohn

Post by imjohn »

DanRaisch wrote:How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
I'm having the same problem and my account is set up as POP.
I'm no longer receiving the multiple security options as to allow images or not.
This started today 6/22/17.
It worked OK yesterday.
Version 52.2.0 (32 bit)
John
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Please don't hijack another person's thread. It will just lead to confusion for everyone as it's impolite and your issue is totally different from what the OP is dealing with. .
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

wsmwk wrote:
BrowseMail wrote:For now, I am checking/sending my e-mail using the Gmail web interface. I am hoping that a Thunderbird update might be released soon to fix the IMAP bug, then I can go back to using Thunderbird. Any idea of when an update might be available?
Hopefully in the next several days
52.2.1 is available
BrowseMail

Post by BrowseMail »

I have updated to Thunderbird 52.2.1 and this appears to have fixed the issue. :D However, I had to initially redownload all mail again and will have to manually adjust the column headers that were reset to defaults.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

BrowseMail wrote:I have updated to Thunderbird 52.2.1 and this appears to have fixed the issue. :D However, I had to initially redownload all mail again and will have to manually adjust the column headers that were reset to defaults.
Yeah, that stinks. You are not the only person to have reported this. Hopefully, when we have some fixes in the future, we can call upon some users like yourself to test the fixes in a controlled environment.