Installing Add-ons in TB version 52

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
robnixon

Installing Add-ons in TB version 52

Post by robnixon »

All instructions I can find for installing add-ons do not fit TB version 52. Selecting Add-ons from the menu brings a page that does not appear to contain anything that allows the installation of Add-ons. If anyone can advise how to do such installations it will be much appreciated.
tanstaafl

Re: Installing Add-ons in TB version 52

Post by tanstaafl »

tools -> add-ons -> extensions. Select the gear like icon in the upper right corner and select "install addon from file" if you had downloaded an add-on. You can also type in the name of an add-on in the nearby "search for add-ons" edit field. It doesn't find all of them on the mozilla add-ons web site but those that it will, it will download for you and install if you press the install button.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions_-_Thunderbird
robnixon

Post by robnixon »

Thank you for the prompt solution, tanstaafl, very easy and works a treat (although it seems to me odd that this is not a buillt-in option). Being new to TB (though not Firefox) I assumed add-ons and extensions were different entities.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Extensions are one category of the catch all term "add-ons" with Themes and Plug-ins being two others.