deleted emails

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
coolmanoh

deleted emails

Post by coolmanoh »

I just accidentally deleted all my email in my inbox. My email is with outlook.com, but Microsoft support has no solution for this event, so I googled "deleted email" and got the following from https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 895f83ed50. There being no longer any email in my Deleted folder i followed the instructions for "Recover email that's no longer in Deleted":

"If you can't find an item in the Deleted Items folder, the next place to look is the Recoverable Items folder.

In the left pane of the Outlook.com window, select the Deleted Items folder.

At the top of the window, select Recover deleted items."

except the Deleted items folder has nothing that says "Recover deleted items." My version of Thunderbird is 52.2.0. Do I need to upgrade to get this feature? I hope someone has an answer to this, and soon!
LIMPET235

Re: deleted emails

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Re: deleted emails

Post by DanRaisch »

Those instructions seem to refer to the web mail interface of Outlook.com, not to Thunderbird, the email client. You might try logging onto the account through Firefox and see if you can follow the menu path to that "Recover deleted items" option.

Also, how is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.