Update?! and all email accounts are gone from thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
annelir

Update?! and all email accounts are gone from thunderbird

Post by annelir »

:shock:

Not a nice thing to wake up to, but the reality is that I had still yesterday evening all my email accounts in my Thunderbird functioning just fine, this morning I have nothing there. I am really frustrated with things that are happening around email stuff, because of couple of months ago I was not able to log into any gmail accounts via Thunderbird, so I created new accounts with another provider, and let my gmail stuff to be directed to them and now this!!!!! I would really not like to put all my information back into Thunderbird again because someone else somewhere decides it is okay to force me into a situation where I have to work hard for to be able to do what I need to do in my email or email program - like what gmail did by changing their log in procedure, and now the update from for Thunderbird emptying it all - apparently it is just okay to delete everything without a even a warning. BECAUSE I for sure have not done anything myself, I do not sleepwalk. ](*,)

(Yes I know there might be a possibility to just dig my profile out of somewhere, which I have not done in 3 years, which means that I have to read a ton again to remember what to do, which I really do not want to do now or ever as a matter a fact. This is **** ! ) #-o

Sorry for the rant in case there has happened something else with the update than what Mozilla itself has been up to... at least no one is talking about that updates have been corrupted or anything like that so far.
FFman

Re: Update?! and all email accounts are gone from thunderbir

Post by FFman »

Sorry I can't help you with the problem, I've never seen that before.
But haven't you done any backup of your system or your Thunderbird data?
annelir

Post by annelir »

It's okay, I was not really expecting that it could be helped. If something messes things up, it is what it is, I guess. No, I have not done a Thunderbird backup, and my external hard drive busted itself sometime ago, so I am getting a new one tomorrow in fact. Bright side of it all is that all my emails are safe and backed up elsewhere, so that is not a problem.

I can also only guess what has happened - I have made some changes in my system, like taken a broad internet safety program and my version of TB is one with a quite rare language, so something might have gone wrong there.

so, I just have to what I have to do and try to organize my plans again.

Have a nice day!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

(Yes I know there might be a possibility to just dig my profile out of somewhere, which I have not done in 3 years,
If your profile has become lost it is not an intentional part of the update process but an issue of possible file corruption. See this link for the information that may allow you to recover access to the existing profile -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering_a_ ... isappeared
annelir

Post by annelir »

Thanks, I shall check that out.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

If you are using Yahoo throuigh AT&T or Tumblr Verizon sent out a warning notice. May relate if current problem
Verizon warning notice
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you