HELP, won't save to folders and other bad things

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jem07jes

HELP, won't save to folders and other bad things

Post by jem07jes »

Hi,

I have V 52.2.1

It's a two-fold question. Sometimes after I send an email, it sends the email, but then hangs up and says timed out on trying to save to save folder, something like that. I usually just cancel it.

Also, I have folders I save emails into. None of the files go to the folder. The folders are empty. So after I try to save it to folder and it doesn't, it just disappears, and if it's one of those times that it didn't save to my save folder, well, I'm just out of luck with that email I wanted to save (therefore important).

Tbird in general has acted weird. Twice now I had my folders set up and stuff in them, and twice, a day came where I logged into Tbird and poof, folders gone, and what's in them too. Do you know how annoying that is? Plus a lot of these emails in folders are related to my work and I have them there for a REASON. They are IMPORTANT.

Please help me. I even gave up for awhile on Tbird and used Outlook, but that program is impossible and time consuming.
DanRaisch

Re: HELP, won't save to folders and other bad things

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support as no bug has yet been identified here.

How is that account set up in Thunderbird, as a POP or IMAP type account? Find that information using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type (at top right of the dialogue.)