Foreign language font issue

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
qualtrough

Foreign language font issue

Post by qualtrough »

I can send and receive messages using the Thai language font, but when I check my SENT file to read one of those messages I sent using the Thai font it only contains a few repeated thai characters, not at all corresponding with what I wrote. If anyone has any advice or suggestions it will be much appreciated.
qualtrough

Re: Foreign language font issue

Post by qualtrough »

Help me. Please help me.
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

Not sure where is the problem. If you have IMAP, it might even be a problem with the server. For instance, some servers (especially US_based ones) either use Western encoding by default, or worst, only use it.

Here are two things you could do to check where is the problem:

1. If you have also access to webmail and are using IMAP, check the "Sent" folder on webmail to see how your messages appear. If they appear correctly while on webmail but not through Thunderbird, then the problem is with Thunderbird.

2. If you have access to more than one email account, send a message in Thai to your other account (or send a message to your correspondent and a BCC to your other account. Again, check in the other account (either via Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook or some web interface to see what happens.

Tip : If you are unsure about your server, send it to a gmail account as I'm aware that Gmail is multi-alphabet friendly, so ifyou test through another account, send to a Gmail account and check the sent message via the web interface first.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
qualtrough

Post by qualtrough »

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try those.