Address book :nsLDAPOperation afilter string not correct

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rogetnoprl

Address book :nsLDAPOperation afilter string not correct

Post by rogetnoprl »

Hello,
I have a problem with thunder bire. I have two machine, one is freshly installed and thunderbird address book works, however, another one search always return zero result. both LDAP offline download are ok, ldap setting are the same too
I compared the ldap log between two machine, the error machine seems have incorrect afilter string compared to normal
10216[b12140]: nsLDAPOperation::SearchExt(): called with aBaseDn = 'dc=mycomany, dc=com'; aFilter = '(&(|(cn=*Roget*)(givenName=*Roget*)(sn=*Roget*)(mozillaNickname=*Roget*)(mail=*Roget*)(mozillaSecondEmail=*Roget*)(&(description=*Roget*))(o=*Roget*)(ou=*Roget*)(title=*Roget*)(mozillaWorkUrl=*Roget*)(mozillaHomeUrl=*Roget*)))'; aAttributes = ...
below are log from normal machine
0[1111140]: nsLDAPOperation::SearchExt(): called with aBaseDn = 'dc=mycomany, dc=com'; aFilter = '(&(|(mail=*roget*)(cn=*roget*)(givenName=*roget*)(sn=*roget*)))'; aAttributes = ...
you see, it might be extra filter string caused no result return.
how to modify the default search string? I didn't find template from about:config, I spent 3 days to lookup this issue but no luck...
the version is 52.1.1(no return) and 35.x.x
it's werid after upgrade the normal ont to 52.2.1(latest), now it's not working... so I assume it's a bug or f new version?
Last edited by rogetnoprl on July 23rd, 2017, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanstaafl

Re: Address book :nsLDAPOperation afilter string not correct

Post by tanstaafl »

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird if you'd like to install an older version of Thunderbird in a different directory and use it with the same profile. That would help you troubleshoot whether its a version specific problem.

The BaseDn are different. You could search for oracle in the config editor on the "normal machine" to find where that is stored, and then check the corresponding setting (now that you know what its called) on your other machine. However, if your other machine is supposed to use a different server have you tested that server still works correctly using some other software?
rogetnoprl

Post by rogetnoprl »

tanstaafl wrote:See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird if you'd like to install an older version of Thunderbird in a different directory and use it with the same profile. That would help you troubleshoot whether its a version specific problem.

The BaseDn are different. You could search for oracle in the config editor on the "normal machine" to find where that is stored, and then check the corresponding setting (now that you know what its called) on your other machine. However, if your other machine is supposed to use a different server have you tested that server still works correctly using some other software?
Sorry, I forget to hide my basedn in normal log in my post. The base dn is the same, only query are different. Is there any way to change filter str? I searched and found ldap_2.servers.SERVERNAME.autoComplete.filterTemplate
but I can't find this perference in config editor
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

That might be because its always used the default value. Try adding it as a string in the config editor. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=668087#c2 for an example of how to add it.

You might try asking for help on the tb-enterprise mailing list since most ordinary users don't use LDAP. Occasionally I see a LDAP related post but I'm not aware of anybody who regularly visits this forum that uses it. See https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/tb-enterprise