Disorganised In-box

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
photogenius

Disorganised In-box

Post by photogenius »

How can I get Thunderbird to list messages in their correct date order? There seems no system at all - new messages are separated and dispersed amongst the old messages (also all out of order) making the finding of any message difficult.
DanRaisch

Re: Disorganised In-box

Post by DanRaisch »

Try menu path View->Sort by->Date.
tanstaafl

Re: Disorganised In-box

Post by tanstaafl »

You can also change the sort order by clicking on the top of the column (i.e. Date) in the folder listing. Clicking on it a second time will toggle whether its ascending or descending.

Left clicking on the weird tiny control at the far right of the column headers (just above the vertical scroll bar) brings up a list box that lets you select what columns to enable. It also has a option (Apply columns to...) to have other folders inherit those settings.

You can discover a lot of features by trying Windows conventions. For example, right click on a message in the folder pane and you will get a context menu with almost 2 dozen menu commands. Right clicking on a folder in the folder pane displays a context menu that you can use to create child folders etc.

If you are a new user I suggest you read http://kb.mozillazine.org/Getting_start ... hunderbird