Thunderbird / security software interaction

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
pokeefe0001

Thunderbird / security software interaction

Post by pokeefe0001 »

I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 a couple days ago and got a popup from Thunderbird saying "You are about to override how Thunderbird identifies this site ... The certificate is not trusted because it hasn't been verified as issued by a trusted authority using a secure signature". I now understand that KIS sets itself up as a man-in-the-middle to do scans of the email content. (This is apparently fairly standard behavior for security products.)

I now understand that I could have provided Thunderbird with Kaspersky's self-signed certificate. Instead, I clicked on "Permanently store this exception" in Thunderbird's popup. I don't know what action Thunderbird performed when I did this, but I don't see the Kaspersky certificate in Thunderbird's list of certificates so I suspect I want to undo it. How do I do that?
Patrick O'Keefe
Win11 x64 Pro, FF 113.0.2 TB 102.7.2
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird / security software interaction

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Click on "security" in the account settings, and then "manage certificates". I suspect the certificates you care about is in the authorities (CA certificates) and servers tabs.
S3ndG

Post by S3ndG »