configuration could not be verified, is username or .......

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
TDV

configuration could not be verified, is username or .......

Post by TDV »

I am trying to add a much used gmx.de e-mail account to Thunderbird. But it telly me username or passwoord are false.

I just logged out of it on Firefox one minute before and it still worked.
I logge in again one minute later with Firefox, and it worked again

I tried several time, but always get the same message ".... username or password false."

What do I do now?

Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: configuration could not be verified, is username or ....

Post by DanRaisch »

Check to make sure that all of the server settings for that account match those required by GMX.DE. In particular, are you entering the full email address as user name , or only the bit before the @ symbol? What settings are selected for Port, Authentication Method, and Connection Security?
TDV

Post by TDV »

DanRaisch wrote:Check to make sure that all of the server settings for that account match those required by GMX.DE. In particular, are you entering the full email address as user name , or only the bit before the @ symbol? What settings are selected for Port, Authentication Method, and Connection Security?
Thank you, I will attach the pictures.

It seems it is not possible to insert a picture? O.k. here is what the windows tell me

When trying to register I get:

Configuration found in Mozilla ISP database.
Marked is IMAP (tried it with POP3, no difference)
Incoming/ Outgoing same as in the next notification

Incoming: IMAP imap.gmx.net 993 SSL/TLS Normal password
Outgoing: SMTP mail.gmx.net 445 SSL/TLS Normal password

As you can see: I get gmx.net instead of GMX.de, when I change that manually, I get the same response adress of password false...

When ITry to log-in to the account I get the new button:

Login to server imap.gmx.de with username xxxxxxxxx@gmx.de failed. (The one that asks for "New Password")
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried connecting to that account using the settings offered by Thunderbird? That is the mail.gmx.net rather than imap.gmx.de. This old thread suggests that may be the solution to your problem -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 9&t=589244
TDV

Post by TDV »

DanRaisch wrote:Have you tried connecting to that account using the settings offered by Thunderbird? That is the mail.gmx.net rather than imap.gmx.de. This old thread suggests that may be the solution to your problem -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 9&t=589244
Thanks, I will try this one

https://support.gmx.com/pop-imap/imap/thunderbird.html