Notify sound only plays for x amount of emails.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
OneEye1942

Notify sound only plays for x amount of emails.

Post by OneEye1942 »

Using TB 13.0.1 After X amount, very few, emails...TB no longer plays the Notify sound. Is there a way in config that I can change whatever amount the default number is?
DanRaisch

Re: Notify sound only plays for x amount of emails.

Post by DanRaisch »

What does that mean? Are you not hearing the sound after multiple sets of new messages come in, or are you not hearing the sound if the announcement is for a group larger than some number of messages, or something else?

Also, any particular reason you are using a version of Thunderbird that has been obsolete for two years?
OneEye1942

Post by OneEye1942 »

As messages come in I hear the Notify.wav sound for about maybe 5 messages...then as more messages come in I hear nothing. I was wondering id there's something in config that limits the times that sound is played. I looked...found nothing.

As to using 13.0.1 I'm not big on upgrades. If it ain't broke...
OneEye1942

Post by OneEye1942 »

Here's what I've figured out. When mail comes in I get a little envelope alert in the taskbar. As long as that envelope stays there...I get no more email alerts. I have to go to TB, click on Sent to remove the envelope in the taskbar...then the process starts all over again.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Yup, that's the way it works. Once Windows has issued the new mail alert, it won't be issued again until the new mail in the Inbox folder is by viewing the messages or otherwise changing Thunderbird's status.
OneEye1942

Post by OneEye1942 »

Okay, thanks. I presume there's no way to change that?
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

It's unclear to me exactly what behavior you are seeing, but there is enough brokenness in notifications, as evidenced by bug reports, that you may be seeing a legit bug. But if you are using version 13, all bets are off.