Can't send/receive email in some accounts since upgrading

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
geeaygee

Can't send/receive email in some accounts since upgrading

Post by geeaygee »

I have just upgraded Thunderbird to 52.3.0 (Windows 10 32-bit).

I have several different accounts but for some reason 2 of them are no longer working. When I click Get Mail for those accounts I get the "Connected to" message at the bottom but it just times out. Same for sending an email from those accounts.

I have started Thunderbird in Safe Mode but am still getting the same results.

What's interesting is one of the email accounts that is not working now is using the same server as another one but it works and the other doesn't. Weird.

Obviously the upgrade has changed something but what??

I really need this to be fixed as one of the accounts not working is my most used one. I can access it as Webmail but that's a pain.

Thanks for your help
Geeaygee
DanRaisch

Re: Can't send/receive email in some accounts since upgradin

Post by DanRaisch »

Check the server settings for those two accounts to make sure that the update did not bork something, perhaps a port number or the like. Make sure that you have the full email address entered as user name if that is what the provider requires.
DanRaisch

Re: Can't send/receive email in some accounts since upgradin

Post by DanRaisch »

Check the server settings for those two accounts to make sure that the update did not bork something, perhaps a port number or the like. Make sure that you have the full email address entered as user name if that is what the provider requires.