Thunderbird not responding problem

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
SA1

Thunderbird not responding problem

Post by SA1 »

Hi,
Thunderbird will do the not responding/temporarily freezes process sometimes 2 to 4 times a day. Generally it happens when messages download, however it also has happened when writing a e mail. Support/ideas/suggestions welcomed.Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird not responding problem

Post by DanRaisch »

What version of Thunderbird?
How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Have you tried starting the program in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
SA1

Post by SA1 »

52.3.0 ..as POP...No have not tried to do that...will that effect full functionality?
A friend suggested to try the mobile version of Thunderbird.
My system is a 64 bit system and I notice in Thunderbird that its written 52.3.0 (32-bit).....would that a difference and if yes, would know the steps to get it to64 bit...if it means a full reinstall..will it remember my local folders,address books etc.
Tx for your reply.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Tools | Options | Advanced | General

For me, turning off "Allow Windows Search to search messages" eliminated random periods of non-response.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No have not tried to do that...will that effect full functionality?
Please read the information in the posted link. Safe Mode is a temporary diagnostic procedure that disables extensions and some other elements (again, temporarily). It doesn't not permanently change functionality.

My system is a 64 bit system and I notice in Thunderbird that its written 52.3.0 (32-bit).....would that a difference
No, 32bit applications run perfectly well under 64bit operating systems. Plus, there is no official 64bit version of Thunderbird for Windows