View Pane can't be resized after updating

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Noni

View Pane can't be resized after updating

Post by Noni »

I let TB run the update it kept requesting, and now the window for reading the email is locked at about 3 inches tall, and when I roll the cursor over the divider bar above it, which used to change the cursor to a resizing icon and allow me to resize the viewing window, nothing happens. No more resizing function. Could anyone please help? Is this a bug? Can I go back to the previous version of TB, which was working fine? Thank you!
tanstaafl

Re: View Pane can't be resized after updating

Post by tanstaafl »

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Toolbar_or_wi ... ot_working . I suspect its due to a problem with the profile.

"select Help -> Troubleshooting Information. Depending upon what version you are running you will see either a "Open Containing Folder" or a "Show Folder" button. Press it. That will launch windows explorer (or whatever file manager your operating system uses). It will display the contents of your profile. Exit Thunderbird and delete xulstore.json . That stores the toolbar , window layout and size/position settings. Restart Thunderbird. That will create a new version of that file with default settings."
Noni

Post by Noni »

Thank fixed it!! :) Thank you, tanstaafi! I really appreciate your help!
... hmm, I don't see a button to mark your reply as the solution... is there a way?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You're welcome.

This web site doesn't have a way to mark a answer as a solution.