MozillaZine

Duplicate Email Addresses in Address Book

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
i_am_jim

Post Posted September 1st, 2017, 8:31 am

I have a gillion duplicate email addresses in my address book. How can I eliminate all duplicates?

DanRaisch

Post Posted September 1st, 2017, 8:41 am

You might find this extension helpful -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... t-manager/

i_am_jim

Post Posted September 1st, 2017, 4:45 pm

It did, thanks. But, it took all afternoon and one address book had over 5000 entries. I gave up on that one. It would have taken me all of tomorrow.

I was unable to contact the creator of that extension, but I would add to the wishlist two things:

1. Add a button that allows deleting both entries. (I have entries from 20 years ago and the some of the providers don't exist anymore or have passed away so both entries need to be deleted. Alternately he could allow for deleting all entries using a given provider.)
2. Add the ability to delete all entries with the same email address regardless of the remaining data.

DanRaisch

Post Posted September 1st, 2017, 7:50 pm

It should not be surprising that you were unable to contact the author as the extension has not been updated in 5 years. I would also suggest that your wish list items seem to exceed the original intention for the extensions which dealt only with duplications.

Return to Thunderbird Support