MozillaZine

Thunderbird not receiving any e-mail after moving profile

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
TTCC5511

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 2:46 pm

I needed to move Thunderbird's file and followed the following procedure, the first procdure describe on this page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/mo ... w-computer

Since then:
- Thunderbird has forgotten all of my e-mail addresses except one.
- Thunderbird has forgoteen all of my e-mail "identities"
- And last but no least, when I try to get messages, using the account that has not been lost has well has re-creating another won't, Thunderbird hangs on "Connected to [host] ..." and then nothing.

- I think that Thunderbird has kept all of my e-mail message (well, I hope so).

TTCC5511

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 2:55 pm

Exploring a bit further, I just realised that all my account informations are know to Thunderbird in one profile, while all of my e-mail messages are stored in another profile ... (since I re-directed all mail to "Local folder" which I stored on another drive). Except for on of my e-mail accounts ...

so now, how can I get all in one Porfile again ?

TTCC5511

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 2:58 pm

(I have tried copying [Profile2\Mail\Local Folders] to [Profile1\Mail\], and reciprocally: [Profile1\Mail\"accounts data"] to [Profile2\Mail\] but those show any visible change.)

TTCC5511

Post Posted September 3rd, 2017, 3:05 pm

It seems like it's solved, I:
- moved Profile1 to destination location.
- create a profile has explained in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/mo ... w-computer
- copied [Profile2\Mail\Local Folders] to [Profile1(new localtion)\Mail\]
- Right cliked on "Local Folders" > Settings > Local directory > Browse ... set to Profile1(new localtion)\Mail\Local Folder.

Return to Thunderbird Support