various addresses & books

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

various addresses & books

Post by walkerpbus »

1. copy all addresses to 1 book (for purposes of cell phone contacts additions). delete addresses with no emails & those copied into the main address book in 1,. what books are required including gmail books in which I have scheduling info & gmail which don't have scheduling info & are now empty with addresses copied into the above 1 book.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Re: various addresses & books

Post by tanstaafl »

You normally can't get rid of the personal address book (stored in the abook.mab file) and the collected history address book (history.mab file) as even if you delete them a empty replacement will be created the next time you run Thunderbird. I suggest you move all of your contacts into the personal address book.

Other devices/programs won't care which address book you use. If you are syncing your address books with something remote on a server the add-on you use to do that should let you manage what address book it syncs with the remote address book. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sharing_address_books
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

tanstaafl wrote:You normally can't get rid of the personal address book (stored in the abook.mab file) and the collected history address book (history.mab file) as even if you delete them a empty replacement will be created the next time you run Thunderbird. I suggest you move all of your contacts into the personal address book.

Other devices/programs won't care which address book you use. If you are syncing your address books with something remote on a server the add-on you use to do that should let you manage what address book it syncs with the remote address book. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sharing_address_books
Those 2 I'll keep; can they be empty? I need contacts to synchronize w/ Cell
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Yes, the two required address books can be empty.