Create Profile Wizard - Haven't figured out how it works.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
MacLingo

Create Profile Wizard - Haven't figured out how it works.

Post by MacLingo »

Trying to connect to old sets of data to see if I can recover any information.

I open T'bird "-p", select new profile,<Next>, name and select the folder. The program gives me file pointer into
...Thunderbird\Profiles\(8 digits) & "'" & Folder Name
but the pointer doesn't appear in the Profile folder (...\Roaming\T'bird\Profiles"). And doesn't the data have to go into a folder in Profiles?

When I look at the profile data and hover over the Profile I've created, it shows the folder I specified, but there isn't any pointer there to any data in the place it is from my point of view.

probably need a bit more user directions to what's going on. I think I've read the appropriate documentation on the T'bird forum site. Maybe you should actually show the pointer to where the data should be.

Thanks,
Mac Lingo
Berkeley, CA
DanRaisch

Re: Create Profile Wizard - Haven't figured out how it works

Post by DanRaisch »

Hi, Mac Lingo, there would be no data in a newly created profile folder. You would have to move on to adding account information to trigger the addition of config files with the account information and default settings. As far as "data hav[ing] to go into a folder in Profiles" that's just the default but you can elect to create the new profile folders elsewhere.