Merging Inboxes

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
babarara

Merging Inboxes

Post by babarara »

I have several email addresses and each feeds into its own inbox. Can I combine them so that they all go into one inbox?

I'm sure this is possible but I don't know how to do it.
Dartman

Re: Merging Inboxes

Post by Dartman »

It is possible. Please see the following link. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Global_Inbox
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
babarara

Post by babarara »

Dartman wrote:It is possible. Please see the following link. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Global_Inbox
Many thanks.
Unified Folders

Unified Folders (originally named Smart Folders when it was added in 3.0) is a folder pane view which looks like a global inbox account by merging the contents of all inbox folders (both POP, IMAP and local folders) from all accounts. It also shows the inbox of each account as a child folder of the unified Inbox account. Any messages in an inbox shows up in both the root of the unified Inbox, plus the child folder of the unified Inbox for that account.

Each account still displays any child folders of the inbox, only its inbox folder has been "moved" away from the account. This does not, however, change where and how messages are stored. In other words, Unified is just another way to view your folders, similar to what you can do with a saved search (a type of virtual folder).

Use View -> Folders -> Unified Folders to select it. If you don't want to use it, use View -> Folders -> All Folders to select a more traditional display. Thunderbird 10 eliminated the ◄► arrows at the top of the folder pane that you could use to cycle between different views.
The red bit does exactly what I wanted.

Thank you again.
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

You're quite welcome.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.