Cannot find the server

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
lpvmc

Cannot find the server

Post by lpvmc »

Hi,

I use several Thunderbirds accounts and they work okay. The format looks like this: xxxxx@kpnmail.nl; after the add is the name of the provider as you wil understand.

Since I am making a new site I also want a specific email account for the site. I want to use: xxx@xxx.nl, in which xxx stands for the same name used twice and refers to the name of the site.

I made a new account and sending emails works fine but when receiving a mail it takes 1 or 2 days for Thunderbird to report to me that it can not receive a mail because the procedure has timed out. So the problem is in the incoming server. To be clear: I made a new mailaccount in the e-mailcontrol panel of the new site.

In my Thunderbird account the port is set to 993. Installing the new account I tried that one but also a suggestion frothe provider: port 143.

When trying to send a mail to the new account (xxx@xxx.nl) I receive two messages: 1. ..timed out... 2. ..cannot find the server..

I think I have tried all possible settings.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

KR, Leo
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Cannot find the server

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

lpvmc wrote:Hi,

In my Thunderbird account the port is set to 993. Installing the new account I tried that one but also a suggestion frothe provider: port 143.

KR, Leo
When I installed Thunderbird it defaulted to port 995 -- not 993. You might give it a try.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.