Thunderbird - 2 Problems

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Jeemag

Thunderbird - 2 Problems

Post by Jeemag »

Good Day,

Can anyone help me?

(1) Where oh where in Thunderbird can I change a password ?- it's totally unobvious ...

(2) How can I enlarge the font in the composition windows? Changing the font in Tools>Options makes no difference whatsoever.

Regards

Cheemag
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird - 2 Problems

Post by DanRaisch »

(1) You can't change a password, per se. Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS >SECURITY > PASSWORDS tab> SAVED PASSWORDS button and there you can delete old passwords. Restart Thunderbird to ensure that the stored password is cleared from memory. The next time you "Get Mail" Thunderbird will ask for the password and you can check the box to remember the value.

(2) Are you composing in plain text or HTML? That's controlled under Tools->Account Setting->Composition & Addressing.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Jeemag

Post by Jeemag »

DanRaisch wrote:(1) You can't change a password, per se. Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS >SECURITY > PASSWORDS tab> SAVED PASSWORDS button and there you can delete old passwords. Restart Thunderbird to ensure that the stored password is cleared from memory. The next time you "Get Mail" Thunderbird will ask for the password and you can check the box to remember the value.

I did find that eventually and it works, but again it was well hidden !

(2) Are you composing in plain text or HTML? That's controlled under Tools->Account Setting->Composition & Addressing.
Plaintext - as all Emails should be.

I did eventually find a way of doing this hidden away in Tools>Options>Display>Plaintext messages>Style>Size>Colour. Good grief !

Thanks nonetheless.

Regards

Cheemag
TRAINSGWR

Post by TRAINSGWR »

[quote="Jeemag"][

Regards

Cheemag[/quote]

e-mails as plain text - makes it hard then to send photos with stories per photo.
Ron
Jeemag

Post by Jeemag »

TRAINSGWR wrote:
Jeemag wrote:[

Regards

Cheemag
e-mails as plain text - makes it hard then to send photos with stories per photo.
That may well be, but Email was designed as textual system; photos can be sent as attachments.

An Email in html to enable use of fancy fonts and graphics makes a 2-line message into a megabyte monster !

Regards

Cheemag