Local Folders Sent Box Missing

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Local Folders Sent Box Missing

Post by ep2012 »

Hi,

So I just redit my entire TB & added in my accounts one by one & even after sending 2 pieces of mail the Local folder sent folder where I have all my sent mail go to is MISSING :(

Any ideas?

And the mail I'm telling TB is junk isn't going into the junk folders even though it's set to do that in the junk settings.

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Re: Local Folders Sent Box Missing

Post by DanRaisch »

You just switched your accounts to IMAP so the normal target for saving Sent messages would be the Sent folder of the IMAP Account. Did you change the default selection for that under Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders?

Did you set up Junk Folder options in both locations? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_Mail_Controls
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Oh geeze, my gmail accts. are under POP & my domain ones are under IMAP

Nooo, I don't want my sent mail in each acct. I want it in just one account under local folders so I just search one place, not 30.

:(
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, but even for a POP type account, unless you have chosen the Global Inbox option the default target for sent messages would be the Sent folder of the POP account, not Local Folders. Did you set it up for Global Inbox or did you change the selection for storing Sent messages under Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders?
Did you set up Junk Folder options in both locations? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Junk_Mail_Controls
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Yes I did the latter of course :)

OMG, TB is driving me INSANE. I had changed EVERY single one of my 20+ e-mail accounts to sent in local folders & now I'm seeing that TB changed it to "other."

I can't stand this stress. I've just spent close to 20 hours straight with only a 30 min. break setting up ALL my e-mail accounts plus going thru my folders on my E drive, deleting, fowarding e-mails, etc. & now this???

Why can't TB just work properly.

It's also not restarting like it should.

It started off great & then about 30 minutes after me adding more accts. it just stopped restarting or it takes like 10-15 minutes to restart. <sigh>

The only thing I didn't do is DL a new copy of TB b/c this copy is from late Aug & since we thought it was a profile issue, we didn't do that step.

I don't even have my old mail imported over yet & it's causing problems. :(
ep2012

Thunderbird not restarting

Post by ep2012 »

Hi,

So this is a bug of sorts.

When I exit out of TB, it exits immediately, but when I restart after adding in an e-mail account, adding a theme or add-on, it sticks & can take 5+ minutes to restart.

Thanks
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I merged the preceding post from a separate thread. Please stop creating so many separate topics in relation to the same issues. It makes it too difficult to follow what you have done and what responses you had to suggestions from folks here.

Also, you shouldn't be adding themes and extensions (addons) before getting all of your accounts up and running properly. Do so can make it impossible to determine what problems are due to settings for the accounts and which are from conflicts with extensions/themes.

For example, have you tried starting Thunderbird in Mozilla Safe Mode to see if that resolves the slow restart problem? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

It's normal to start a new thread re: a different topic & to expect someone to read the entire thread as this move is a long one is asking a lot :)

Anyway, I didn't turn on the add-ons until after I added in all my e-mail accounts & I didn't add the theme until very late last night, so while I haven't added in ALL my mail yet, this restart issue was happening when the add-ons were turned off & there was no theme.

I needed one of the add-ons to import my mail anyway.

All that's left to do now is import my tons of mail. That will take some time.

No I haven't tried to do it in safe mode. I'll try to get that done at some point.
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Ok, more issues:

1. I just spent 2 days trying to export more accounts mail & filed mail under Local folders, & when I switched profiles, the NEW TB is causing me major stressors that wasn't happening before. It keeps hanging every 2 seconds. I can't even work. I even restarted it, thought that would solve the problem & it didn't.

I haven't even had a chance to import the mail into the new TB, so that's clearly not the issue.

2. The mail filters are not working where they go into the folders on their own. I get an error message (sorry I didn't take a SS). They weren't working on the old TB & same issue where it says that I need to compact the folder or repair it or something.

Can someone help me please. I've spent now almost a week trying to redo my entire TB & it will be another several days b/c I had to export EACH folder one by one & I had hundreds.