FF & TB profiles corrupted?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Rocketman

FF & TB profiles corrupted?

Post by Rocketman »

This topic could go in either the FF or TB forum; I chose this one. It appears my active profiles for both FF 56.0b12 64 bit & TB 45.5.1 got at least partially corrupted around the same time. My FF profile wouldn't save my settings in LastPass (that was the general consensus from LastPass) & required a new profile. My TB profile lost my login passwords & keeps asking for them in round robin fashion even after re-adding them. I created a new FF profile since it's the easier of the 2 to recreate & get back to normal operation. TB, on the other hand, needs a lot more persuasion to get back to normalcy. Mozbackup helped with FF, but with all the emails I have in TB (10+ accts.), I'm not sure I want to go that route. Any suggestions?
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Ben Franklin
DanRaisch

Re: FF & TB profiles corrupted?

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support as the issue with Firefox seems to have been resolved.

Have you tried deleting the files that store your passwords in case it is simply those files that are problematic in the TB profile --
signons.sqlite and key3.db?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

56.0b12
current is 56.0.1 Final - update please!
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to Thunderbird Support as the issue with Firefox seems to have been resolved.

Have you tried deleting the files that store your passwords in case it is simply those files that are problematic in the TB profile --
signons.sqlite and key3.db?
Will give it a try. Thanks DanRaisch.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Ben Franklin
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

Brummelchen wrote:
56.0b12
current is 56.0.1 Final - update please!
Not at this time. I like this version. Actually, I tried 57 & hated it. Went back to 56.0b12.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Went back to 56.0b12.
That's a nightly and not a release version of the browser, the most recent of which is 56.0.1.
Anyway, this thread is about Thunderbird so let's stick to just one program at a time until you have that working properly.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

quote Rocketman: "keeps asking for them in round robin fashion even after re-adding them."

I have FF 52.2ESR and TB 52.3, and the current version of LP was doing the same thing to me. LastPass is full of unaddressed bugs, more for Firefox than Thunderbird, and I've moved to Dashlane. Since LogMeIn bought LP, the backlog of bugs is getting worse. This is their forum:
https://forums.lastpass.com/viewforum.php?f=12

@Dan Raisch-- the passwords are also in a file called My Vault on LP's servers. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't, update as the local file updates. :doubt:
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:quote Rocketman: "keeps asking for them in round robin fashion even after re-adding them."

I have FF 52.2ESR and TB 52.3, and the current version of LP was doing the same thing to me. LastPass is full of unaddressed bugs, more for Firefox than Thunderbird, and I've moved to Dashlane. Since LogMeIn bought LP, the backlog of bugs is getting worse. This is their forum:
https://forums.lastpass.com/viewforum.php?f=12

@Dan Raisch-- the passwords are also in a file called My Vault on LP's servers. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't, update as the local file updates. :doubt:
My FF LP issue is resolved. My TB pw issue isn't an LP issue as TB uses its own pw scheme. I removed key3.db & signons.sqlite & re-added my pws. Now I have to see if that issue is resolved. Will update when I'm sure it's done.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

DanRaisch wrote:
Went back to 56.0b12.
That's a nightly and not a release version of the browser, the most recent of which is 56.0.1.
I think you mean it's a beta.

If you are basing your assertion strickly on the basis of Thunderbird behavior, please note that Thunderbird has password issues (i.e. bugs) that are not related to profile stability.

Also, if you really have profile issues in two programs on the same day, that's rather suspicous in itself.