Mail Returns to inbox After Deletion

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
killz

Mail Returns to inbox After Deletion

Post by killz »

Something's wrong with TB. I delete mail but a few return to the inbox a day after i delete them. How to fix this?
tanstaafl

Re: Mail Returns to inbox After Deletion

Post by tanstaafl »

That is a common symptom of a corrupt inbox. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders, especially the "real fix" section.

"Corrupt folders tend to occur when you have lots of messages in a folder, many of them are deleted, and you don't compact often enough. This is usually only a problem for the inbox folder as while other folders may get very large you typically don't delete messages in them often. It's recommended that you keep the number of messages in your inbox small, and move any you want to permanently keep to other folders/child folders."
killz

Post by killz »

tanstaafl wrote:That is a common symptom of a corrupt inbox. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders, especially the "real fix" section.

"Corrupt folders tend to occur when you have lots of messages in a folder, many of them are deleted, and you don't compact often enough. This is usually only a problem for the inbox folder as while other folders may get very large you typically don't delete messages in them often. It's recommended that you keep the number of messages in your inbox small, and move any you want to permanently keep to other folders/child folders."
I delete 95% of my messages in my inbox every day. So how do I fix this or compact this?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Go to the link tanstaafl supplied and read.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers