Mail Filters Don't Work

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Mail Filters Don't Work

Post by ep2012 »

So after redoing my entire Thunderbird, I was HOPING the mail filters would work since they didn't work before, but I'm now finding out that TB made it so only ONE filter works & whatever that one filter is listed in the mail filters takes precedence.

Why did they do that? :(
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Re: Mail Filters Don't Work

Post by DanRaisch »

Maybe because you can build more than one test and more than one action into a given filter. What are you trying to do?
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Post by ep2012 »

So you can only have one action per e-mail account?

I get many different e-mails with different subject lines & they have to go into different folders. Is that not allowed?

This seems very strange.
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, you can have multiple actions per account. I've just tested using two filters to filter incoming messages to one account. One filter added a tag to the messages while the second added a star to messages.
We don't know how you have set up those filters so it's impossible to say why you've seen problems with this.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

Sure, there is an order. Why not? See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/or ... ng-filters