I want to forward my TB emails to Gmail - how?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
bodger2951

I want to forward my TB emails to Gmail - how?

Post by bodger2951 »

I am going away for a while - as my email client is Thunderbird which I use on my desktop PC, I would like to forward all my email to Gmail which I have on my Android tablet but I can't work out how to do it - can anyone help?

Thanks
BruceAWittmeier

Re: I want to forward my TB emails to Gmail - how?

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

What email account do you view through Thunderbird? You don't need to post it but what is your email service?
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
bodger2951

Post by bodger2951 »

Not quite sure what you mean by 'email service' but since I wrote the post this morning, I've discovered that Thunderbird can be configured to work seamlessly with Google's Gmail service. I'll be investigating how to do that as that would seem to solve my problem unless you've got a simpler idea - my ISP is Virgin BTW.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

A client is an application designed to handle certain forms of documents -- in this case .eml files and others. Just as MSWord handles .doc and Excel handles .xls file types. I believe most email services (perhaps all) will work with Thunderbird email client.

I'm not familiar with how to forward (if necessary) email to another email service but if you can access your Virgin email from a web browser you should have full access to all your emails.

XXX@gmail.com
XXX@Virginmedia.com

These may be helpful:
https://identity.virginmedia.com/vm_sso ... me%2Findex

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/tem ... ia-domains
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.