Delete account folders and sub-folders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
nomowork

Delete account folders and sub-folders

Post by nomowork »

I've searched far and wide to try to find out how to delete a folder from one of my mail accounts in Thunderbird. Seems like it would be an easy task to accomplish. One of my accounts has 2 Draft folders and I would like to delete one of them as well as some other unused folders. Anyone know how to accomplish this? I have both yahoo and gmail accounts.
LIMPET235

Re: Delete account folders and sub-folders

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
nomowork

Post by nomowork »

They are imap
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

In that case it may be that you are seeing a Draft folder as it exists locally and a Draft folder as it exists on the IMAP server. Under Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders you can choose where Draft messages will be stored. If you don't need to access Draft messages from more than your one primary computer, you can set that to store the Drafts on the local system and unsubscribe from the IMAP server Drafts folder. The same factors may apply to other "duplicate" folders.