Mozmessages

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Mozmessages

Post by ep2012 »

Hi,

Why do I have mozmessages in my TB e-mail folder that my TB is pointing to when I'm NOT on a MAC?
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
tanstaafl

Re: Mozmessages

Post by tanstaafl »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Files_and_fol ... hunderbird

It contains *.wdseml messages used for integration with windows search. Under OSX it would be *.mozeml messages used to integrate with spotlight instead. Under both operating systems, the files are in stored in a .mozmsgs subdirectory so its not clear to me why you associate this with a Mac.. You can disable windows search integration in tools -> options -> advanced -> general.
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Sorry, my website coder read only the first explanation, not the 2nd.

When I tested it & double clicked on the message it found, it didn't do anything.

But I don't use Windows search anyway, Ultra File Search is way faster & more efficient.

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Oh no, I don't know what happened, but now TB won't start. It starts, I see the popup window in the bottom right of my screen with the notificaiton of new mail & then it just hangs & I can't get TB to show me the software. It's crashed twice.

We deleted all of the mozmessages & there were a lot of them. Do you think that did it?

Please help, I need to be able to work.

Thank you
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I'm skeptical deleting mozmessages did it though I suggest you disable that feature before deleting the folder. See if you have a parent.lock file in your profile. If so delete it and try again. That is a lock file used to tell Thunderbird if a copy of itself is running and should be automatically deleted when it exits. If that doesn't help hold down the shift key when you double click on the Thunderbird shortcut to launch it in safe mode. If that works you can figure out later on which add-on was the culprit.
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

It was already unchecked back in the beginning of October.

I deleted all the msf files & I got TB to load, but now it's doing the IMAP thing that takes forever :(

I'm praying it won't crash again.

Thanks for the other instructions. <phew>