Hopefully a simple CSS fix (bad eyes)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
freeasinfree

Hopefully a simple CSS fix (bad eyes)

Post by freeasinfree »

Hello forum.

I have poor eye sight and I find the thickness of the colored vertical lines in replies to be too thin for my eyes to easily see while scrolling through long messages.
I don't have a lot of css knowledge but a little about the basics. I tried this as a quick fix just to see if I was modifying the correct parameter, but I failed.
(I created a userContent file in the Appdata/Roaming/...profile/chrome folder I manually put there for this)

blockquote[type=cite]
{
border-style: solid;
border-width: 13px; ! important;
}

Can someone please tell me simply how to increase the thickness of the colored vertical lines? The colors and visibility settings are fine, I just want to increase the lines' thickness. Thank you so very much for your helps.

Bozz

Re: Hopefully a simple CSS fix (bad eyes)

Post by Bozz »

This is what I use to change the vertical lines width. Make sure the chrome folder is under your *****.default folder and the text file is labeled userContent.css.

Code: Select all

blockquote,
blockquote[type=cite] {
border-width: 3px !important;
}
freeasinfree

Post by freeasinfree »

Bozz wrote:This is what I use to change the vertical lines width. Make sure the chrome folder is under your *****.default folder and the text file is labeled userContent.css.

Code: Select all

blockquote,
blockquote[type=cite] {
border-width: 3px !important;
}

I just copied your code into my css file and restarted Thunderbird. The vertical lines are thicker. Thank you so much!!
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

You're welcome.