Persistent bug after entering a hyperlink

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
JeremyP

Persistent bug after entering a hyperlink

Post by JeremyP »

This happens to me repeatedly and has done for years. I enter a hyperlink with Ctril-K, and all text entered afterwards is hyperlinked. The only way around it is to type all the email before I put the hyperlink in, and then cut and past around it.

It's very irritating and I wish this would be fixed.
DanRaisch

Re: Persistent bug after entering a hyperlink

Post by DanRaisch »

Not a fix but a work around: Add a double space after the last word of text before entering the hyperlink, then use the arrow keys to back up that extra space. Enter the link with Ctrl+K and then use the arrow key to move one space to the right of the last character of the alt-text for the link. You should find that text added from that point will not be hyperlinked.
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

[quote="DanRaisch"]Not a fix but a work around: Add a double space after the last word of text before entering the hyperlink, then use the arrow keys to back up that extra space. Enter the link with Ctrl+K and then use the arrow key to move one space to the right of the last character of the alt-text for the link. You should find that text added from that point will not be hyperlinked.[/quote]

Thank you! I shall try that. and am perfectly happy with a workaround. Glad it's not just me!

Many thanks
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

After you insert the link, Format/Discontinue Link (Ctrl+Shift+K).
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

[quote="sfhowes"]After you insert the link, Format/Discontinue Link (Ctrl+Shift+K).[/quote]

Will do!

Thanks